The Basics of Exporting
April 21 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Can your business benefit by exporting products? Learn from the experts. In this class you will learn the basics of exporting products from the U.S. Discussion items include:
- International Partnering and Sales Channels: Distributors, Reps and Agents (Including a Distribution Agreement Template that you can use)
- Tariff Classifications (HS Codes) and INCOTERMS
- Free Trade Agreements (FTA’s) and what they mean for exporting to certain countries;
- Certificates of Origin and special certificates for FTA countries
- The use of Foreign Trade Zones (FTZ’s)
- Laws governing exporting and compliance, Forms used for Exporting
- Assessment of Duties , Use of Freight Forwarders and Customs Broker.
- Transportation, freight consolidation, fees
- Temporary exportations and use of CARNET’s
- Shipping and documentation, Legal and Financial considerations
- Government organizations that can be of assistance,
- Sources of in-depth information on each topic
About your instructor: Alan Di Stefano is the Former Director of Global Business Development, Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development. He has held sales, marketing, and C-suite roles in international business development and arranged product distribution in 35 countries on 6 continents. He has also visited 70 countries around the world.
Location and PARKING:
This event is in classroom #101 inside the Ansari Business Building on the main campus of the University of Nevada, Reno. Please CLICK https://www.unr.edu/Documents/around-campus/map_vertical.pdf to see a campus map that displays this building and parking options. Parking is completely free on Saturdays in all lots and metered parking, however, NO parking is allowed in handicapped spots without authorized permit that must also be displayed.