Nevada SBDC Advisory Board
ESQ, Chairman of the Advisory Board
Drinkwater Law Offices
Latin Chamber of Commerce
Port of Subs
Gina Bongiovi, MBA,
Attorney, Managing Partner
Bongiovi Law Firm
Kathryn and Stewart Guthrie, Owners/Brokers The Liberty Group of Nevada, Inc.
Retired, previous District Manager
Commercial Real Estate
Michael Hix, Executive V.P.
Senior Loan Officer Meadows Bank
Senior VP/Community Development Manager
Bank of Nevada
former owner of
Jay Bushman, Owner
Nothing to It! Culinary Center
Chief Operating Officer
Tim Nelson, Managing Partner/Owner
Evans, Nelson & Co., CPAs
Reno Tahoe Limo
- To represent the attitudes, opinions, and needs of small business owners/managers with regard to the services of the Nevada SBDC
- To assist the Nevada SBDC in management of area resources
- To advise, counsel and confer on the development of the annual and long-range plans and objectives
- To assist in the communication between the Nevada SBDC, small businesses and small business-related organizations
- To provide advice and recommendations for effective and efficient advising, training and resource referral programs
Nevada SBDC Advisory Board meetings are held bi-monthly, quarterly, or when special circumstances arise.
Half of the members of the Nevada SBDC advisory board shall include a predominant number of representatives from small businesses or associations representing small businesses located throughout the entire area of service. Veterans, women and minorities are represented. Considerations for advisory board membership are:
- Chambers of commerce
- Economic development representatives
- SCORE/ACE chapters
- Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Small business associations, trade groups, etc.
- State and federal regulators/Governors office representatives (preferably small business owners/supporters)
- Financial institutions
- Management/technical firms and consultants (engineering, scientific, legal, accounting, insurance, etc.)
- Host institution representatives
When vacancies occur, new Board members will be asked to commit for a term of two years. These terms may be renewed indefinitely. A board member shall be considered to have resigned from the Board should he/she be absent from two consecutive board meetings without excuse.
The State Director or regional representative will appoint the Chair. This position will be reappointed as necessary.