Nevada SBDC 2019 Advisory Board
ESQ, Chairman of the Advisory Board
Drinkwater Law Offices
Latin Chamber of Commerce
Retired, previous District Manager
Gina Bongiovi, MBA,
Attorney, Managing Partner
Bongiovi Law Firm
Michael Hix, Senior V.P.
Bank of Nevada
Lee & Associates
Commercial Real Estate
Chief Operating Officer
Tim Nelson, President
Evans, Nelson & Co., CPAs
Jay Bushman, Owner
Nothing to It! Culinary Center
Founder and Owner
of Port of Subs
SUMNU Marketing and
Urban Chamber of Commerce
Reno Tahoe Limo
- To represent the attitudes, opinions, and needs of small business owners/managers with regard to the services of the NSBDC
- To assist the NSBDC in management of area resources
- To advise, counsel and confer on the development of the annual and long-range plans and objectives
- To assist in the communication between the NSBDC, small businesses and small business-related organizations
- To provide advice and recommendations for effective and efficient counseling, training and resource referral programs
NSBDC Advisory Board meetings are held bi-monthly, quarterly, or when special circumstances arise.
Half of the members of the Nevada SBDC advisory board shall include a predominant number of representatives from small businesses or associations representing small businesses located throughout the entire area of service. Veterans, women and minorities are represented. Considerations for advisory board membership are:
- Chambers of commerce
- Economic development representatives
- SCORE/ACE chapters
- Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Small business associations, trade groups, etc.
- State and federal regulators/Governors office representatives (preferably small business owners/supporters)
- Financial institutions
- Management/technical firms and consultants (engineering, scientific, legal, accounting, insurance, etc.)
- Host institution representatives
When vacancies occur, new Board members will be asked to commit for a term of two years. These terms may be renewed indefinitely. A board member shall be considered to have resigned from the Board should he/she be absent from two consecutive board meetings without excuse.
The State Director or regional representative will appoint the Chair. This position will be reappointed as necessary.